GStreamer + Hauppauge WinTV-HVR1120

Andrey Nechypurenko andreynech at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 25 09:32:14 PDT 2011

> Thanks for that Andrey!

You are welcome!

> Then I try to play it  with mplayer rtsp://0.0.0.0:8554/play

0.0.0.0 looks strange to me. Should not it be 127.0.0.1 if you are
using localhost (same computer running client and server) or other
valid IP address?

> Any suggestions why is this happening?

It is impossible to provide any suggestions without more information
about what is going wrong. You can try to increase the debug level for
server and see how far does it go, i.e. if there is an attempt to open
connection from the client, if yes, what request comes in, etc.
Similarly, you can take a careful look at the output from mplayer.
There is definitely some error messages telling you why it does not
want to play video.