GStreamer + Hauppauge WinTV-HVR1120

Andrey Nechypurenko andreynech at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 25 11:50:56 PDT 2011

> As for the IP 0.0.0.0 is the same as 127.0.0.1 so the problem is not there.

Ok. I did not know it.

> The output from the execution of the server with a --gst-debug=5 parameter
> is in annex. It is pretty extensive. After some analysis I know that the
> request is received and the server responds. For some reason it gets a
> teardown request from client, sever closes the connection and keeps going,
> the server does not close. (output2.log server stdio information )

I am afraid that the problem is beyond my ability to understand it
without spending considerable amount of time on reproducing it and
debugging. Sorry.

The following are just my guesses which may or may not be helpful.

1. You are trying to stream video and audio. However, there is a
message in mplayer log saying: "A single media stream only is
supported atm." So I would suggest first to try to stream video or
audio only and see if it works.

2. Maybe I am wrong here, but I think that video and audio stream
should be first multiplexed in some container before being sent out to
the network (for example WebM or something else suitable for
streaming). However, in your server pipeline there is no multiplexer.
So maybe this could be also an issue.

Andrey.