GStreamer + Hauppauge WinTV-HVR1120

Paulo Paiva paivalhao at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 15:00:11 PDT 2011

Hello all,

Some improvements have been made.
With this command line (in the gst-server.c):
  str = g_strdup_printf ("( v4l2src !
video/x-raw-yuv,width=352,height=288 ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace !
x264enc tune=zerolatency byte-stream=true bitrate=650 threads=0
speed-preset=3 ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96 )");
And VLC Player got the video stream from my TV card nicely

Now the problem is adding sound. Ideally it should be done by adding:
! alsasrc ! queue ! audioresample ! audioconvert ! faac ! rtpmp4apay
name=pay0 pt=97
to the line above. But that doesn't work, the pipe crash :s

The sound is coming from /dev/dsp2, any suggestions in how can I stream
the audio with the video?

Thanks all!

Paulo Paiva