Python: procedural video and audio mix in

Mikko Ohtamaa mikko+gstreamer at redinnovation.com
Fri Aug 5 23:22:51 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am planning to generate videos in Python code. I was wondering if
GStreamer Python APIs allow one to

* Set video FPS, dimensions and such properties

* Set audio source file (MP3)

* Feed in rendered frames

* Save the encoded output in MPEG-4 (audio will get mixed in)

I didn't find any GStreamer Python examples where video was actually
generated - thus I wanted to ask whether Python bindings provide
necessary bridges and datatype mappings to input raw video data to
GStreamer.

This all would run on headless server software.

Related stackoverflow.com questions:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6963302/gstreamer-status-of-python-bindings-and-encoding-video-with-mixed-audio

Thanks for help!
-Mikko