No subject

Sat Aug 20 23:26:35 PDT 2011

buffer metadata and there indeed is a GstTimingMetadata, however
buffer has still timestamp and duration fields. Also as far as I can
tell no plugin in GStreamer uses GstTimedMetadata. So what is the
purpose of it? The lack of distinction between its and dts in
GstBuffer does seem to be a bit problematic to me, but keeping the
timestamp and adding optional dts and pts on top looks confusing,
especially when there are no plugins using it so I can't see how it is
supposed to be used and where can it be expected.

Cheers,
Matej