Need for real-time modification to the stream

Ibra iss_kh at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 22 10:08:58 PDT 2011

Hello,

I am quit new to GStreamer and video coding so forgive me if my question is
not what it should be.

I am thinking of streaming an encoded video stream over different wireless
connections of fluctuated bandwidth. So I am looking for what GStreamer can
provide me in order to control the streaming in real-time. Actually, I want
to be able to modify the different parameters such as frame rate, bit rate
and frame size or even the encoder I am using in order to adapt to the
current condition of the connection. I need all this to be done in real-time
while the stream is flowing.

Any one who has experienced this before or has any idea about it, please
help...

Cheers

Ibra