Using xvimagesink playing video in a fullscreen

akaChella durgas1987 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 00:00:00 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I had already posted regarding the issue i am facing in this forum, but i
didn't get any directions to proceed further :(

I do not know where i am going wrong.

I have created a gtk window, with setdecorated of that window to false. (I
do not want the title bar)

After constructing the pipeline, i included the bus watch -
gst_bus_add_watch (bus,handle_events,NULL);

and in handle_events, under the case GST_MESSAGE_ELEMENT:
i set the window id using gst_x_overlay_set_xwindow_id(); and i gave
gtk_widget_show_all ();

When the video reaches end of stream, under the case GST_MESSAGE_EOS: i am
setting the pipeline to GST_STATE_NULL, i quit the main loop and then gave
the gtk_widget_hide_all () of that window.

But the window is not hidden :( A solid black window is displayed.

Am i missing anything?

Note: i am construction the pipeline and the window in the same method.

My requirement is to play the video in a fullscreen. Should i use anything
else instead of gtk??

Any kind of help is appreciated!

Any links for reference would also do.

Thanks in advance.