[GST-DEVEL]GStreamer RTSP Server use case

Gottardi, Victor (ON19) Victor.Gottardi at Honeywell.com
Tue Aug 30 13:54:06 PDT 2011

Wes, I want two different URIs. For example:
  rtsp://ip-address:8554/high-res
  rtsp://ip-address:8554/low-res
For low bandwidth applications, the client would use the low-res stream.

I'm not sure if it's possible to select one stream if both are added to
the same URI as in:
  rtsp://ip-address:8554/both-res
Clients are typically not that smart. For example VLC would open an
extra window in this case (not implying that VLC is not smart, quite the
opposite).

-----Original Message-----
From:
gstreamer-devel-bounces+victor.gottardi=honeywell.com at lists.freedesktop.
org
[mailto:gstreamer-devel-bounces+victor.gottardi=honeywell.com at lists.free
desktop.org] On Behalf Of Wesley J. Miller
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 4:26 PM
To: Discussion of the development of and with GStreamer
Subject: Re: [GST-DEVEL]GStreamer RTSP Server use case

On 8/30/11 3:55 PM, "Victor Gottardi" <victor.gottardi at honeywell.com>
wrote:

>Consider an IP camera. I'm looking for a way to provide two video
streams
>with different resolutions or codec settings using the RTSP server. The
>video comes from the same source and therefore the streams are in the
same
>pipeline. How to map these two different streams to two different RTSP
>URIs
>using rtsp-server?

Just being curious/dumb, do you have multiple endpoints (i.e.
Payloaders)
in your pipeline?  Something along the line of

     ... Complex-pipe ! tee name=t
       t. ! low-res-pipe ! rtpwxyzpay pt=100
       t. ! higfh-res-pipe ! rtpwxyzpay pt=101

So that the low and hires streams are sent out as different payload
types.
 Of course, this is going to be a single URI not two.  Did you want two
URIs?  I think the gstrtpbin in the receiver program ought to be able to
separate the payload type and gives you back two streams.

This idea is based on the rtsp example program test-video.c in the
/examples directory of the rtsp source package.

Of course I could be all wet.....

Wes

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by returning
it to the sender and delete this copy from your system. Thank you for
your cooperation.