audiofx plugins work with gst-launch but not from code

cleojones cleo_jones7 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 16:32:04 PDT 2011

Working on my first program using gstreamer, on Maemo (nokia N900), and have
the following problem:

I can do this:

gst-launch-0.10 autoaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! audioamplify amplification=2 !
lame quality=9 ! shout2send ip=myip password=mypass mount=/mount port=myport

But I the same pipeline, constructed in C, streams total silence from my
program. I've tried created pipeline in C using gst_parse_launch as well as
by creating each element manually, with the same problem. If I omit the
audioamplify element, works fine (streams microphone input). As soon as I
try to add audioamplify, silence (no matter what I set amplification to).

Eventually I want to run this through the audiocheblimit element as well
(which works fine with gst-launch) but it also seems to have a problem when
created from my own code.

Any help much appreciated!