audiofx plugins work with gst-launch but not from code

Sean McNamara smcnam at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 19:51:32 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 7:32 PM, cleojones <cleo_jones7 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Working on my first program using gstreamer, on Maemo (nokia N900), and have
> the following problem:
>
> I can do this:
>
> gst-launch-0.10 autoaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! audioamplify amplification=2 !
> lame quality=9 ! shout2send ip=myip password=mypass mount=/mount port=myport
>
> But I the same pipeline, constructed in C, streams total silence from my
> program. I've tried created pipeline in C using gst_parse_launch as well as
> by creating each element manually, with the same problem. If I omit the
> audioamplify element, works fine (streams microphone input). As soon as I
> try to add audioamplify, silence (no matter what I set amplification to).

Have you tried getting the property back from the audioamplify element
to make sure that it's set correctly?

I was going to say make sure you link all your elements together, but
since you said you used gst_parse, I don't think that could be an
issue. My guess (without seeing your code) is that the audioamplify
element is getting its amplification property set to 0, which would
probably be equivalent to silencing the stream (though I'm not sure
because I'm not very familiar with that element; I normally use
`volume').

Without having your actual code (or a trivial test program that
exhibits the same behavior), it's impossible to tell what is wrong.

-Sean