Splitting recording of Mpeg4 Live stream

Nezer Zaidenberg nezer at videocells.com
Mon Dec 5 01:55:50 PST 2011

Hi,

I have an mpeg4 stream which I am trying to cut into parts.
My pipeline is
rtspsrc ! rtpmp4vdepay ! ffdec_mpeg4 ! mpeg4videoparse ! appsink -> appsrc
! matroskamux ! filesink location=...

Every 10 seconds I close the appsrc pipeline (with eos) and start a new one.
I have a software queue between appsink and appsrc to make sure that no
packets are lost, and I make sure that when flushing I wait for the next
frame to be a keyframe so that there is no data loss.

I am still seeing cuts between the videos (~2 second cuts)...

Is it possible to cut the stream in another way? Is there a way to fix my
pipeline?

Thanks,
   Tomer