Splitting recording of Mpeg4 Live stream

Mon Dec 5 02:33:27 PST 2011

Il 05/12/2011 10:55, Nezer Zaidenberg ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I have an mpeg4 stream which I am trying to cut into parts.
> My pipeline is
> rtspsrc ! rtpmp4vdepay ! ffdec_mpeg4 ! mpeg4videoparse ! appsink ->
> appsrc ! matroskamux ! filesink location=...
>
> Every 10 seconds I close the appsrc pipeline (with eos) and start a
> new one.
> I have a software queue between appsink and appsrc to make sure that
> no packets are lost, and I make sure that when flushing I wait for the
> next frame to be a keyframe so that there is no data loss.

do you stop to push frames to appsrc and then send the eos?

> I am still seeing cuts between the videos (~2 second cuts)...

do you keep the keyframe in your software queue and push it to the
appsrc pipe started after the first one receive eos?

try to print the frame timestamps pushed and the ones really present in
the produced files

> Is it possible to cut the stream in another way?

you could try multifdsink too, but the flow you described should work

Nicola