Splitting recording of Mpeg4 Live stream

Nezer Zaidenberg nezer at videocells.com
Mon Dec 5 02:51:56 PST 2011

Hi Nicola,

Thanks for the response.
1) Yes, yes I actually signal the pushing thread to stop and then the
pushing thread sends an eos after it gets to a key frame.

2) I wait for a keyframe, then I stop. I also tried to duplicate the key
frame and push it to both recordings - still no luck.
3) I will check the timestamps, but just to make sure I also made the
following test:
I tee'd both recordings to a udpsink, and had an external pipeline that
records from that udpsink to ex.mkv. Afterwards I saw that 1.mkv and 2.mkv
are not perfect (second 32.8 on the clock -> 36.2), but the ex.mkv file is
(goes seamlessly from 32 to 36).
4) I considered using multifdsink, but that will give me the same problem
when I want to connect everything into one movie unless I save all the
history + recordings.

Thanks,
   Tomer