Use multiple playbin2s with a single output bin?

Stefan Sauer ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sun Dec 11 09:37:45 PST 2011

On 12/10/2011 06:29 PM, Pris Matic wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> Is it possible to use multiple playbin2s with a single output bin (ie
> using an adder to mix the inputs for example)? The issue I ran into
> trying this was that playbin2 takes a bin as an argument for its
> 'audio-sink' or 'video-sink' property, so even if you specify multiple
> ghost pad sinks for the bin (one for each adder sink) , you can't
> explicitly tell the individual playbins to connect to the individual
> ghost pads. Someone on the IRC channel recommended using uridecodebin,
> and while this is a great idea, I lose out on gapless playback, which
> I wanted to include.
I am not sure I undestand what you actually want to do, but also for
other reasons you can't use two playbins as the outputsink can't be in
two different pipelines at the same time. You should really create a
toplevel pipeline, add two uridecodebins and your shared output bins.
You will need to copy the code that implements x-fade from playbin2.
Sometimes writing code means writing code :/

Stefan