how to make full use of dual core CPU for camera recording?

Zhao, Halley halley.zhao at intel.com
Wed Dec 14 01:29:44 PST 2011

Hi Experts:

On a dual core platform, my gst command line only use half CPU. How could I improve recording performance by using more CPU?
Here is my command line:
gst-launch-0.10 v4l2src ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480,framerate=15/1 !ffmpegcolorspace ! tee name=t t. ! queue ! oggmux name=mux ! queue ! filesink location=test.ogv alsasrc device="hw:0" ! queue ! audiorate ! audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100 ! audioconvert ! flacenc ! queue ! mux.

While latest cheese(use camerabin) can utilize more CPU to achieve better performance? What's the difference?
Thanks.