Unexpected EOS with souphttpsrc

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia guille.rodriguez at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 00:19:01 PST 2011

Dear all,

I am trying to use gstreamer to stream live mjpeg video from an IP
camera but I am having some problems which I managed to narrow down to
souphttpsrc.

This was my original pipeline, which has worked fine with other IP
cameras I've tried but failed with this specific one:

grodriguez at ubuntu:~$ gst-launch-0.10 souphttpsrc
location=http://192.168.0.241/enu/camera640x480.jpg\?fps=10
is-live=true ! multipartdemux ! jpegdec ! autovideosink

Then tried the following, but it terminates immediately (EOS received
from "pipeline0") after writing 0 bytes to test.mjpeg

grodriguez at ubuntu:~$ gst-launch-0.10 souphttpsrc
location=http://192.168.0.241/enu/camera640x480.jpg\?fps=10
is-live=true ! filesink location=test.mjpeg
Estableciendo el conducto a PAUSA …El conducto está PREPARÁNDOSE …El
conducto está PREPARADO …Estableciendo el conducto a REPRODUCIENDO
…New clock: GstSystemClockSe recibió un EOS del elemento
«pipeline0».Execution ended after 844457 ns.Estableciendo el conducto
a PAUSA …Estableciando el conducto a PREPARADO …Estableciendo el
conducto a NULL …Liberando la tubería…
The following, however, works fine:

grodriguez at ubuntu:~$ wget -nv -O test.mjpeg
http://192.168.0.241/enu/camera640x480.jpg\?fps=30
--2011-12-16 09:09:40--  http://192.168.0.241/enu/camera640x480.jpg?fps=30
Conectando a 192.168.0.241:80... conectado.
Petición HTTP enviada, esperando respuesta...
  HTTP/1.1 200 OK
  Server: HIP1.13.1.288.3
Longitud: no especificado [multipart/x-mixed-replace]
Guardando en: «test.mjpeg»

    [                <=>                    ] 4.768.545    353K/s
        ^C   # (manually interrupt download after a few seconds)
grodriguez at ubuntu:~$ gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=test.mjpeg !
multipartdemux ! jpegdec ! autovideosink

So the problem seems to be with souphttpsrc. Has anyone experienced
this before? Any pointers?

Thanks,
--
Guillermo Rodriguez