gstreamer vdpau artifacts

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.co.uk
Fri Dec 16 08:35:18 PST 2011

Le jeudi 15 décembre 2011 à 20:20 -0500, Derek Ivey a écrit :

> Hi guys,
>

> I am running Slackware 13.37 (32-bit) and trying to get the vdpau
> support working with gstreamer 0.10.35 / gst-plugins-bad-0.10.22. The
> graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 9300 with ION technology. I was able
> to get one H264 video to play fine, but other videos that I've tried
> occasionally have artifacts on the screen.

Hi Derek,

I've notice the exact same issues recently while adding
VideoContext/SurfaceBuffer support. I think this is due to bugs in the
H264 parser. As an exemple, I don't see those issues when playing the
same video with libva/VDPAU backend or in mplayer. This issue could
potentially be solved by porting those elements to the new parser
library in plugins-base.

cheers,
Nicolas