[gst-devel] Increase Performance of Transcoding Pipeline

Gruenke, Matt mgruenke at Tycoint.com
Wed Feb 2 07:01:22 CET 2011

Well, it depends on several things, but the encode is generally more
expensive than decode.  Therefore, I'd move the queue closer to
ffenc_h263 (or add another queue there, if you've got more than 2
hardware threads).

If you don't need the generality of the decodebin, you could try
hand-building that part of the pipeline.  Certain decoders might be
faster than others.

I've never used it, but you might find the 'cpureport' element helpful
in determining how much time is spent in the various segments of your
pipeline.

Matt