[gst-devel] Does playbin2 work with alsaspdifsink?

Julien Moutte julien at moutte.net
Tue Feb 8 13:22:19 CET 2011

Hi,

You would need to write an AAC to IEC958 converter and then raise the rank
of that element to a higher rank than the AAC decoders. You will also need
to make sure it's listed as a decoder otherwise playbin2 will ignore it.
That's how we handle SPDIF passthrough for AC3 and DTS in Moovida.

Best regards,
Julien Moutte,
FLUENDO S.A.