[gst-devel] Does playbin2 work with alsaspdifsink?

Akihiro TSUKADA tskd2 at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Feb 8 14:46:56 CET 2011

Hi, Julien,

Thank you for your comments.
it works now!

> You would need to write an AAC to IEC958 converter and then raise the rank
> of that element to a higher rank than the AAC decoders.

I set the rank of
 AAC to IEC958 converter (aac2spdif): GST_RANK_PRIMARY
and
 faad/ffdec_aac: GST_RANK_MARGINAL
so, the ranks are ok. but I set the klass of aac2spdif as just "Filter/Audio".
Changing "Filter/Audio" to "Decoder/Filter/Audio" was enough.
(though the element is actually a muxer or an encoder;))
I saw the source code of ac3hw but I missed the point.
thanks again for your advice.
# it would be nice if we could somehow configure the rank of elements at runtime.

regards,
tskd