Synchronize an RTP streaming with an timestamp signal

Mauro Brenna malloblenne at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 02:37:07 PST 2011

Hello,

I am developing an application to stream video, on GNU/Linux,  and I
have constraints about timing precision. I would like to associate the
RTP or RTCP timestamp with a precise timestamp I can generate with
dedicated hardware, and I would like to know if it is possible using
some option of rtpbin when issuing gst-launch.
Alternatively, I can modify the source code of rtpbin.

I looked in google for something like that and I read a thread about
NTP and "gst_rtp_bin_associate" in gstrtpbin.c.
I would like to know if there are other options or if I can (and need)
to change that function.

Thanks in advance,

Mauro