[gst-devel] Need help for rezising video.

Nicolas c.r.n.a at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 3 19:59:12 CET 2011

Hello,

I have created a plugin that displays a video in an evas image.

Here is my problem:
When I resize the picture I am calling "evas_object_image_fill_set", it
works correctly, however the consumption of CPU is just horrible, more
than 120% !
If I leave it in normal size, the consumption of CPU is normal.

I want to know if there is a way to resize the video (via gstreamer) in
my plugin.
Have you any idea?
May be I could create a function "buffer alloc"
(gstbase_sink_class->buffer_alloc = mybufferalloc) and modify the buffer
in it ?

I know that there is "videoscale" but I do not know how to use it inside
the plugin.

Thank you in advance for your reply,
Sincerely,
Nicolas.