[gst-devel] kenburns plugin

Gruenke, Matt mgruenke at Tycoint.com
Tue Jan 11 02:01:17 CET 2011

Speaking for myself, I'm interested in an efficient, high-quality element that zooms, shifts, and crops.  At least one of the sampling options should be a low-pass filter that can be used to do any interpolation, decimation, and phase-shifting in one pass.  The number of taps should be selectable and either use an optimal filter or at least support some common window functions.

IMO, this is the hard part.  Once you have it, then the Ken Burns Effect can be implemented via Dynamic Parameters (see Plugin Writer's Guide: Ch. 15).  However, the benefit of making it a generic element is that you can also just use it as a fast, high-quality way to statically zoom and/or crop.

Matt

________________________________

From: Lane Brooks [mailto:lane at brooks.nu]
Sent: Mon 1/10/2011 3:51 PM
To: Discussion of the development of GStreamer
Subject: [gst-devel] kenburns plugin

I have written a kenburns plugin
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_burns_effect) that does smooth
zooming/panning simultaneously.

I have it committed in a git repo at https://github.com/dirjud/kenburns

There are some gst-launch samples in the src/gstkenburns.c file.

Currently I have only implemented nearest neighbor sampling, so it is
fast but can show aliasing artifacts.

Is this something that the developers would be interested in seeing
integrated into gstreamer?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lane