[gst-devel] kenburns plugin

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Wed Jan 12 16:24:50 CET 2011

On 10.01.2011 22:51, Lane Brooks wrote:
> I have written a kenburns plugin
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_burns_effect) that does smooth
> zooming/panning simultaneously.
>
> I have it committed in a git repo at https://github.com/dirjud/kenburns
>
> There are some gst-launch samples in the src/gstkenburns.c file.

Such a plugin would be welcome. Make a patch against gst-plugins-bad and
put it to bugzilla. Add yourself to the copyright comment.
> Currently I have only implemented nearest neighbor sampling, so it is
> fast but can show aliasing artifacts.
Yes, n-tap filtering would be nice to have, but thats no show-stopper
for getting it into bad.

Do you know about GstController? I would prefer to only have "zoom",
"xcenter", "ycenter" properties, make then controllable and leave the
animations to GstController. With that you get envelops and LFOs right now.

Stefan