[gst-devel] Directshow sync issues

KEVIN WEST keevon at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 04:20:09 CET 2011

I am running into a strange issue with a few videos and dshowdecwrapper.  Basically I will transcode the video, but the output is all wrong.  If you open the video, it will show the first frame while playing the entire audio stream, and finally it will play the video stream once it hits the end of the audio.  I thought there may be some synchronization issues since dshow may not be using the same clock as gstreamer, so I implemented an IReferenceClock that calls into the gstreamer clock, however this doesn't seem to be fixing the issue.

For reference, here is my current pipeline:

gst-launch.exe -v --seek=0 uridecodebin name=dec uri="test.wmv" dec. ! videoscale ! videorate ! video/x-raw-yuv, width=320, height=240, framerate=24000/1001 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! x264enc ! queue2 max-size-bytes=0 max-size-time=0 max-size-buffers=0 ! mux. dec. ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! audio/x-raw-int, rate=44100, channels=2 ! faac bitrate=128000 ! queue2 max-size-bytes=0 max-size-time=0 max-size-buffers=0 ! mux. flvmux name=mux ! filesink location="output.flv"

Any ideas what might be going on?