[gst-devel] Simple ogg pipeline doesn't work

Andres Gonzalez acandido at hi-iberia.es
Wed Jan 19 16:17:54 CET 2011

On 16/12/10 10:00, Andres Gonzalez wrote:
> On 16/12/10 03:45, Luciana Fujii Pontello wrote:
>> On Tue, 2010-12-07 at 18:54 +0100, Andres Gonzalez wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have written a simple python program that is supossed to copy an ogg
>>> file, using gstreamer. The original ogg file weights 662135 bytes, but
>>> the program doesn't write more than 46365. Why does this program get
>>> blocked, any idea?
>> Sorry for the late reply.
>>
>> Just an idea. Have you checked how are your queues? I have seen locks
>> while using a source with both audio and video and a mux joining them in
>> the same pipeline. My guess is that one queue is full and the other
>> empty and the mux won't get buffer from one queue until it gets buffers
>> from the other queue. You can try using multiqueue, or just increasing
>> the limit of your queues and see if it changes anything.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Luciana Fujii

Great idea, the multiqueue worked! The resulting OGG file is correct
(playable by VLC, no problem). The only remarkable fact (but not very
important) is that this file's pages are smaller in average; which makes
the file a little bit bigger than the original (672070 vs. 662135 bytes).

Many thanks,
Andrés

P.D.: program attached

--