[gst-devel] Not able to play some of 3gp files

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 21:01:31 CET 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 04:25 -0800, qwerty-1 wrote:

> I have made a small programe to stream 3gp files on network using gstreamer.
> But i am not able to stream all the 3gp files. After debugging, i have found
> that gstreamer is not sending
> GST_MESSAGE_ASYNC_DONE & GST_MESSAGE_NEW_CLOCK events to app for those 3gp
> files that it is not able to play. I tried lot to figure out the reason for
> the same. But i could not succeed.  Please help me out by telling the reason
> for the same.

You don't say anything about your pipeline, nor did you attach your
code.

Does

    gst-launch-0.10 playbin2 uri=file:///path/to/foo.3gp

work (replace with appropriate uri if not local files)? If not, what's
the output?

Do you get any GST_MESSAGE_ERROR messages on the bus?

What's the URI that fails? (if it's public)

Cheers
 -Tim