[gst-devel] G722 in gstreamer

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 20:17:56 CET 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Edward Hervey <bilboed at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-01-25 at 10:06 -0500, Olivier Crête wrote:

>> >  I updated gst-ffmpeg yesterday to track last svn revision of ffmpeg. I
>> > still haven't figured out what proper gstreamer mediatype to use for
>> > those two codecs. Once I've done that (or someone proposes such types)
>> > I'll push it.
>>
>> From good/gst/rtp/gstrtpg72?.c:
>> audio/G722 and audio/G729
>
>  I pushed the required code go to add audio/G722 features in
> gst-ffmpeg.
>
>  As for G729 it's not available in the list of publicly available
> codecs exported from libavcodec, therefore we can't wrap it.

for g729, we already have the "native" implementation available:

http://gitorious.org/gladstone

The only thing impeding me to contribute it in gst-plugins-ugly is the
redistribution of the reference code.  I've already asked to ITU-T
whether it's possible (or not) to do so, but no replies so far... :(

Regards