Encoding Raw video into an mpeg format

William Metcalf wmetcalf at niftytv.com
Fri Jul 8 09:08:57 PDT 2011

I am using appsrc to push raw video frames into a gstreamer pipeline.  I
would like to encode these video frames into mpeg format and play them
on the screen.  I am new to playing/encoding live gstreaming video so I
need some help accomplishing this task.

My plan is to use ffmpegcolorspace and ffenc_mpeg4 to convert and encode
the video into mp4 format, but then I don't know how to directly pull
the encoded video and play it on my screen.  Will these two elements
actually work for encoding the raw video into mpeg format, and if they
will work to encode the video how can I play that video directly to
screen after encoding.

Thank you for your help,
William