VA plugins?

Julien Moutte julien at fluendo.com
Mon Jul 11 07:53:42 PDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 4:41 PM, Tony Houghton <h at realh.co.uk> wrote:

> So they don't include a postprocess filter which can do things like
> hardware-accelerated deinterlacing? One of my aims is to playback 1080i
> DVB and without a deinterlacer the results won't be very good. Does VA
> support deinterlacing? If not we need a way to deinterlace a VA surface
> in software. Hopefully it's straightforward to access the "raw" data in
> a VA surface in a way that existing deinterlacers can work on.

They actually do, the VA decoder (fluvadec) will produce buffers of a
specific type containing information like fields. The VA renderer
(fluvasink, fluvaclutsink) will then use that information to do the
deinterlacing with the proper VA/VDPAU API.

The only limitation right now is that we only implemented deinterlacing for
MPEG2.

Best regards,

Julien