Has Anyone Been Successful in Streaming From Gstreamer to a Wowza Server in Windows?

Nicolas Bouillot nicolas at cim.mcgill.ca
Wed Jul 20 12:40:12 PDT 2011

On Linux yes, maybe the following can help for windows. But you need
anyway to have your data encoded to h264/aac.

With the rtsp server, you can try the following (it worked for me with
gst-rtsp-0.10.5):
./test-launch "( audiotestsrc ! audio/x-raw-int, endianness=(int)1234, \
signed=(boolean)true, width=(int)16, depth=(int)16, rate=(int)48000, \
channels=(int)2 ! queue ! faac ! rtpmp4gpay name=pay0 videotestsrc ! \
video/x-raw-yuv, format=(fourcc)I420, width=(int)640, height=(int)480, \
framerate=(fraction)15/1 ! queue ! x264enc bitrate=500 ! rtph264pay \
name=pay1 )"

Then wowza can forward (by repacking) this RTSP stream:
http://www.wowzamedia.com/forums/showthread.php?4403-Re-streaming-an-RTSP-stream-through-Wowza-Pro-%28RTSP-RTP%29

Nicolas