Dynamically changing resolution of visualisations

Yogesh Marwaha yogeshm.007 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 07:44:17 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm to add possibility of changing resolution of visualisation shown in my
application (using playbin2; sparklemedia.sourceforge.net). Here are some
points: -

(I still have not coded anything regarding subject yet, only gst-launch stuff)

* goom, for example, provides only one caps structure on its source pad, so
changing its width and height is sufficient; but libvisual_jakdaw provides
three caps structures on its source pad, which one should I use or should I
change width/height on all?

* which element decides on what resolution the visualisation is run, and how?
I suppose it to be visualisation element and some default values.

* is there any way I can force the visualisation to render on same resolution
as the current video output widget?

That's all for now. Please reply asap.

Regards,

Yogesh Marwaha