RTSP Server Windows

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Thu Jul 28 01:01:08 PDT 2011

On 07/27/11 18:29, William Metcalf wrote:
> Stefan,
>
> I am working on a project that requires me to encode video and audio
> from capture cards on a Windows machine, and send them over a network
> (using gstreamer) to a streaming media server (in this case wowza on a
> Windows or Linux machine), and then have that media server distribute
> the video and audio to clients (on Windows or Mac) that connect to
> it.  I have not been able to send the video or audio from my Windows
> machine to the wowza machine, and then connect any clients to the
> wowza machine.  My current method is to have an SDP file on the Wowza
> machine in order to receive the stream and forward it on, but I have
> been unsuccessful thus far.
okay, the limiting factor here is that the capture solution depends on
windows. Thanks for the explanation. Hopefully Matteos changes help you
to get that going.

> My next option was to convert the rtsp server to Windows, so that I
> can forward my audio and video to wowza using rtsp and then have wowza
> forward them to my clients.
>
> Would this method not work, or do you know of a better way of
> accomplishing this task from a Windows computer?  It is required that
> I use gstreamer and wowza to finish my project, but it has proven to
> be rather difficult so far, so any help you can provide would be
> greatly appreciated.  If you need, I can provide the test pipeline and
> the sdp file I have been testing with trying to stream from gstreamer
> to wowza.
Yes, ist difficult when you doing what no one has done and published
before. It would be cool if more people publish experience reports about
such setups when possible. E.g. blog about it and let us know, or submit
a short talk on conferences (e.g. such as the gstreamer conference).

Stefan