In which library find a given function

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Jun 1 04:01:52 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-01 at 11:48 +0200, Pierre wrote:

Hi Pierre,

> I am a frepascal developer and I want to make a program based upon
> GStreamer for editing videos. I just have a few knowledges in C
> language. I want to build a wrapper to integrate the GStreamer
> functions in my program.
>
> To build such a wrapper, I have to make a freepascal file in which I
> make reference to the GStreamer functions and types. In the GStreamer
> documentation, I see all the GStreamer functions, but I dont know in
> which library they are. It's what I want to know. Where to find this
> information ?

Well, different functions are in different libraries of course. The API
reference should give you a hint, also the win32/common/libgst*.def
files in the source code.

You might want to have a look at / wrap this:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer-editing-services/html/index.html

But why not contribute to an existing project like pitivi instead?

 Cheers
  -Tim