Read in stream from Intensity Pro capture card.

William Metcalf wmetcalf at niftytv.com
Thu Jun 2 12:06:18 PDT 2011

I am trying to write a pipeline that will read in a stream from my

Intensity Pro capture card and encode the audio/video into an .mp4
file.  I do not think that the encoding part should be too difficult,
however, I do not know how to read in the stream from the capture card.

I am programming this pipeline on windows.

I figure that I can use dshowvideosrc and dshowaudiosrc to get the video
and audio (the website says that the capture card support DirectShow
applications) but I have been unsuccessful so far.

My current pipeline trying to get the video from the card is:

dshowvideosrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ffenc_mpeg4 ! qtmux ! filesink
location="myvideo.mp4"

This returns an error that dshowvideosrc couldn't be linked with
ffmpegcolorspace.

Any help in getting to read video and audio from the capture cards will
be greatly appreciated.