Cannot encode stream using x264enc

William Metcalf wmetcalf at niftytv.com
Tue Jun 7 08:33:01 PDT 2011

I have a pipeline I am using to convert an .ogg file to an .mp4.  I am
currently using ffenc_mpeg4 to encode the video, and this encoder sets
the video format as .mp4v.  I need my video to be encoded as AVC so I am
trying to use x264enc instead.  However every time I try to use x264enc,
I get the error "failed to encode stream".  Below is a sample pipeline I
am using in my converter.  Can any one tell my why x264enc is failing to
encode the stream?  Thank you in advance.

gst-launch filesrc location="c:\\video(low_res).ogg" ! oggdemux !
theoradec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! x264enc ! qtmux ! filesink
location="c:\\video(blah).mp4