Color management / icc profile

David Schleef ds at entropywave.com
Tue Jun 7 11:27:28 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 12:51:53PM +0200, Jos van Riswick wrote:
> Hello
>
> Not much info to be found on gstreamer and icc profiles... Is there
> some way to load an icc profile into gstreamer? I'm interested in
> displaying correct colors when viewing my webcam...

For the most part, if you have a color managed display and you
are using a texture-based overlay (most X drivers these days),
you'll get mostly color correct output.  Exceptions include if
you have a wide-gamut monitor, or if you set the white point in
your monitor profile to something other than D65.

Most video cameras do basic color correction on the input.  Many
web cameras do not.  There is no (public) solution for that.

David