dv1394src performance

Andreas Volz lists at brachttal.net
Fri Jun 24 09:19:35 PDT 2011

Hello,

I tried the dv1394src gst-launch example from the website with my
camcorder.

> gst-launch dv1394src ! queue ! dvdemux name=d ! queue ! dvdec !
xvimagesink d. ! queue ! alsasink

It works, but the viewer performance is bad (slow) compared to e.g.
kino which uses the raw device.

Do you know if this is only a question of correct parameters to fine
tune the dv1394src?

Do you know any good dv1394src video application to check if it has
better performance on real world applications.

I ask because I like to create a high performance application for
object detection. So I don't like to loose half of the performance
only to get a video stream.

regards
	Andreas

--