Writing Video and reading in same time

Bernhard Graaf bernhard.graaf at gmx.de
Sat Jun 25 08:56:54 PDT 2011

Hi,

I have a problem with gstreamer.

I write a video stream in a file and try to read it with another process (a
few seconds later).

If I link the reading pipe using filesrc or playbin2 and could only see the
video as long as the file is in opening time.

For example:

If the file is only 4 seconds long in the time I link the reading pipe, I
could only see this 4 seconds, but the writing pipe is running and the file
is much longer in the meantime (sorry for my bad English).

I hope you can understand my problem.

Here my question:

Is there any solution to write a video file with one process and read it
with another pipe?

Thanks' for your help!!!!

Bernhard