[I have some question about clock]

alashine jasonlee.lee at lge.com
Mon Jun 27 18:35:05 PDT 2011

Hi,

Now I am study GStreamer.

When I read the GStreamer Application Development Manual, I did not
understood below figure.

clocks.JPG

In that figure, my question is why do not running time rest to 0 in replay
start position.

Related to GSreamer clock I found another documentation.

In GStreamer 0.10 Core Reference Manual I found that when reset to 0
running time.

You can click site.
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/GstP
ipeline.html

You can read below sentence.

“When the pipeline goes to READY or a flushing seek is performed on it,
the running time is reset to 0.”

“When sending a flushing seek event to a GstPipeline (see
<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/Gst
Element.html#gst-element-seek> gst_element_seek()), it will make sure that
the pipeline is properly PAUSED and resumed as well as set the new running
time to 0 when the seek succeeded.“

So in my opinion running time is rest to 0 in replay period.

Is that right?

Please reply to me.

Thank you.

이흥렬 드림

Lee Heung Lyeol

IPT GL, DTV SoC Development Sil. SIC Center, LG Electronics Inc.

Seocho R&D Campus, 221, Yangjae-Dong, Seocho-Gu, Seoul, 137-130, Korea

Cell : +82-11-9713-2498

E-mail : jasonlee.lee at lge.com <mailto:ka.chun at lge.com>