playbin2 with MJPEG streams over http: long delay before playback starts, and buffering delays on each frame

Hoyt, David hoyt6 at llnl.gov
Wed Jun 29 20:55:07 PDT 2011

>> To use that, you'll need to find when playbin2 adds a uridecodebin and then find when the uridecodebin adds a decodebin and then locate the multipartdemux in the decodebin and set the property. [single-stream=true]

> Any idea how to do this programmatically, if all I have access to is the playbin2 element?

Take a look at the code available here to get you started: http://code.google.com/p/ossbuild/source/browse/trunk/Main/GStreamer/Source/gstreamer/tools/gst-player.c#2407

Follow the callback into playbin_element_added() on line 1427, then into uridecodebin_element_added() on line 1450, then into decodebin_element_added() on line 1471, and finally into examine_element() on line 506. The property is explicitly set on line 514. It's rather ugly, but it does the trick.