dvbbasebin questions

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Mon Mar 14 06:56:59 PDT 2011

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:26:30 +0100
Alberto Milla <amilla at vicomtech.org> wrote:

> Here, you can find an example:
>
> http://git.hardeman.nu/?p=dvbupnp.git;a=blob;f=dvbscan.c;h=1fa6c08dcbf62ee92157d76e3cc0bffaaa7adab0;hb=6cdc54922f504f55d555096ae57b34581566c235
>
> On 14 March 2011 10:06, dv <dv at pseudoterminal.org> wrote:
> >> 1. I'll want to get information from the EIT (and maybe some other
> >> tables) while streaming programs. I presume that's quite
> >> straightforward by accessing dvbbasebin's child dvbsrc and
> >> mpegtsparse elements?
> >
> > IIRC ETI information is sent to the gst bus.

Thanks. So it looks like dvbsrc does all the low-level parsing itself.
The trouble with that is I want to handle LCNs and other non-standard
SI, in particular Freesat and Freeview in the UK. Freesat uses
non-standard PIDs for the SDT and EIT schedule, and private descriptors
in the BAT for LCNs.  Freeview uses private descriptors in the NIT for
LCNs.

What would be the best way of accessing this info? Would dvbsrc send
"unknown sections" to the gst bus which I would be able to parse? And
can I get it to do this (adding extra pids etc) to a dvbsrc that's a
child of dvbbasebin?