dvbbasebin questions

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Tue Mar 15 17:13:31 PDT 2011

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:26:30 +0100
Alberto Milla <amilla at vicomtech.org> wrote:

> Here, you can find an example:
>
> http://git.hardeman.nu/?p=dvbupnp.git;a=blob;f=dvbscan.c;h=1fa6c08dcbf62ee92157d76e3cc0bffaaa7adab0;hb=6cdc54922f504f55d555096ae57b34581566c235

What's the URL for cloning that repository? The gitweb doesn't say!

> On 14 March 2011 10:06, dv <dv at pseudoterminal.org> wrote:
> >> 1. I'll want to get information from the EIT (and maybe some other
> >> tables) while streaming programs. I presume that's quite straightforward
> >> by accessing dvbbasebin's child dvbsrc and mpegtsparse elements?
> >
> > IIRC ETI information is sent to the gst bus.

I wrote a small test program in python, based on what I learnt from the
dvbscan.c code; I've attached it. The mpegtsparse element doesn't seem
to be working at all; the only ELEMENT messages I'm getting are
dvb-adapter and dvb-frontend-stats which I think come from dvbsrc, not
mpegtsparse. And mpegtsparse doesn't create any pads. If I don't include
the extra video/audio pids as well as the SI pids I get a
dvb-read-failure ELEMENT message.

Another oddity is that I originally used
set_properties("adapter", adapter, "frontend", frontend) instead of a
separate set_property for each property, but it didn't work. The adapter
number stayed 0 after I had set it to 1 (also if I reordered the
properties so adapter came after frontend).

Also, why is the "pids" property write-only? In a complex application it
would be nice to know what the pids already are to make sure different
functions don't conflict with each other.