Memory leak in liveadder?

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 10:52:14 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 19:36 +0200, E-J van der Linden wrote:
> gst-launch-0.10 -v udpsrc port=5000
> caps="application/x-rtp,media=(string)audio, clock-rate=(int)44100,
> channels=(int)2, payload=(int)96" ! gstrtpbin ! rtpL16depay !
> audioconvert ! audioresample ! liveadder ! alsasink
>
> When I check the memory usage of this process (using top), I see the
> memory usage increases from 1.2% to 8% when streaming one mp3.
> The memory "leaks" only when the data stream is active.

Does it keep on increasing or does it just stay at 8% ? liveadder has a
queue that you can control with the "latency" property os it can sync up
the various streams. The default 60ms is chosen to be larger than the
common 40ms packet size for RTP. That said 60ms of 44khz 2 channel raw
audio should only be 10kbytes..

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk