don't know how to handle video/x-gst-fourcc-dvhp

jin jin at sohovfx.com
Fri May 13 14:24:25 PDT 2011

Hello,

I have an update to this issue. It seems that qtdemux bin doesn't know to
forward the dvhp codec to an appropriate caps, and defaults to the following
line in qtdemux.c:

(line 9071 to 9080)
    case GST_MAKE_FOURCC ('k', 'p', 'c', 'd'):
    default:
    {
      char *s;

      s = g_strdup_printf ("video/x-gst-fourcc-%" GST_FOURCC_FORMAT,
          GST_FOURCC_ARGS (fourcc));
      caps = gst_caps_new_simple (s, NULL);
      break;
    }

I'm going to try to add to this method to properly assign a caps so that
ffmpeg plugin can pick up on the media with dvhp codec..

As always, any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
--
Jin

--