Time delay in setting property & audio mixer element

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Sun May 29 23:29:55 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 1:26 AM, Pietro Battiston <me at pietrobattiston.it> wrote:

> Well, I should have been clearer: I'm using alsa directly in the sense
> that pulseaudio is _not_ installed on my (Debian) system.

ok now that's clear. When using plain ALSA, consider that the
GStreamer interface is not as optimized as the pulseaudio one. One
example for all: mmapping is not possible with ALSA so to say that,
unless somebody fixes it ;) , latencies will always be significantly
higher than with pulseaudio.

Configuring both buffer-time and latency-time with alsasink could
anyway give some improvements.

> I tried to replace the autoaudiosink with an alsasink or alsamixer, but
> got a "gst.LinkError: failed to link filter with sink" when trying to
> link the previous component to them.

you should probably add an "audioconvert" element bw the effects and the sink.

Regards