Playbin2 skips frames

Ashwini Sharma ak.ashwini at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 05:39:02 PST 2011

Hi All,

I have a very awkward problem.

I have a transport stream, which when I play only the video, it works fine.
When I play the Audio separately works fine. But when I play the stream
Audio/Video together, I see few frames (5~10) and after wards it freezes.

When I check the pipeline state, it shows as PLAYING state.

Can some one please help.
The pipelines I used are as follows.

For VIDEO only:

*gst-launch -v filesrc location=/home/ashwini/streams/94EPG.trp !
mpegtsparse ! mpegtsdemux name=demux es-pids="65:68:65" ! video/mpeg !
queue ! decodebin ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink*
*
*
For AUDIO only:

*gst-launch -v filesrc location=/home/ashwini/streams/94EPG.trp !
mpegtsparse ! mpegtsdemux name=demux es-pids="65:68:65" !  queue !
decodebin ! audioconvert ! queue ! volume ! alsasink*
*
*
The complete pipe is:

*gst-launch -v filesrc location=/home/ashwini/streams/94EPG.trp !
mpegtsparse ! mpegtsdemux name=demux es-pids="65:52:65" ! video/mpeg !
queue ! decodebin ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink  demux. ! queue !
decodebin ! audioconvert ! queue ! volume ! alsasink*
*
*
*In this case when I used fakesink in place of alsasink, the number of
frames displayed is increased to 20~25.*
*
*
Please give me some hint, where I am missing something.

regards,
Ashwini