V0.10.7 Windows dshowaudiosrc does not work

tanmay.ambre ambre.tanmay at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 02:56:06 PST 2011

I am trying to capture audio using dshowaudiosrc plugin.
I set the device-name property as suggested in posts. But no audio seems to
be captured

gst-launch -v dshowaudiosrc device-name="Logitech Microphone (QuickCam)" !
queue ! directsoundsink sync=false
This does not work(No errors it also generates final caps I am using Windows
XP  service pack 3 and Gstreamer 0.10.7 win builds)

But this works
gst-launch -v directsoundsrc ! queue ! directsoundsink sync=false

The second way does not allow to choose your own device,Is there any other
plugin which will allow me to select the device and capture audio.

What am I doing wrong with dshowaudiosrc.?

Tanmay