how are *all* the pipelines elements involved?

Sean McNamara smcnam at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 17:26:20 PST 2011

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 8:13 PM, Rossana Guerra
<guerra.rossana at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone, I need to pass this command line with some nuances, to code
> (c/c++):
> gst-launch textoverlay name=overlay ! ffmpegcolorspace ! videoscale !
> autovideosink filesrc location=movie.avi ! decodebin2 ! ffmpegcolorspace !
> overlay.video_sink filesrc location=movie.srt ! subparse ! overlay.text_sink
>
> How it could be? the linking issues mainly, I can't get how to to with 2
> filescr, one for the avi and the other one for the .srt.

If this pipeline does what you want in gst-launch, just take the
pipeline description text and pass it to one of the GstParse functions
(depending on how much control you need):

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/gstreamer-GstParse.html

Unless you need to dynamically add/remove elements from the pipeline
at runtime, you should never have to do any manual element
linking/unlinking if you use GstParse. You just get a Bin or a
Pipeline, set properties as needed, and control the state (paused,
playing, etc) depending on what your app is supposed to do.

HTH,

Sean