halign/halignment property doesn't work

Rossana Guerra guerra.rossana at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 16:14:25 PST 2011

Hello, I am using 2 texoverlay elements over a video stream, one for
subtitles and another for a time-based text. They work fine, except por
those properties, it seems they got
stalled in their default values. I want to display the second textoverlay
at right, it doesn't work.

Another thing, if I put valignment property it always gets the default
value, if I use valign it works.

I tested it with only one textoverlay without luck.

This is my pipeline for one textoverlay element  (the only thing it doesn't
work is the "halign/halignment" property, the text is always centered)
I appreciate any suggestions, thanks

Rossana

textoverlay ----- ffmpegcolorspace -------videoscale ------ autovideosink
(name text)

---------- alsasink
filescr ----------avidemux
(.avi file)                      ---------- ffdec-mpeg4 ---------- queueV
------text.video-sink

// the sink pad of the textoverlay element connected with the src pad of
the queue

filescr --------------subparse --------------- text.text-sink
(.srt file)                                           // the sink pad of
the textoverlay element connected with the src pad of the subparse element